Temple History
Situated in the village of Labhpur in the Birbhum district, Fullara Attahas is about 30β35 km from Bolpur-Santiniketan. Varying opinions are there around the name of this peetha. The name Attahas, which literally translates to βloud laughterβ, symbolises the intense energy of the divine mother. An alternative story suggests that the peetha was named after its first temple priest, Attahasa. His successor, Bhabadev Bhatta, entrusted a group of Maithili Brahmins to carry on the puja at this holy site. If folklores are to be believed, Lord Hanuman gathered 108 blue lotuses from the pond adjacent to the main temple for Shri Ramβs Durga Puja before the battle of Lanka. According to locals, this sacred pond never dries up. Even though this site is associated with several ancient stories, the present temple structure was built by local Zamindar Yadavlal Bandopadhyay in 1902. On the new moon day of the month of Magha (January-February), a special puja is organised in this temple along with a ten-day-long fair for the visitors.

